EMDRIA approved consultant/trainer
March 1-3, March 30-31, May 8-9, & June 9, 2023
8:30AM – 4:30PM
- $1,695 for Private Practitioners
- $1,495 for Non-Profit Organizations
39 CEs provided by Ce-classes.com
There is no CE credit for consultation hours.
Who Should Attend/Pre-Requisite:
- This EMDR Training is designed for licensed mental health professionals who work in a clinical setting.
- Intended Audience - Psychologists, Psychoanalysts, Social Workers, MFTs, Counselors, and Substance Abuse Counselors.
- Beginner Level.
Register by emailing: email@example.com
Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) is an effective and efficient method of treating traumatic memories and related problems. This program has no “parts” or “levels” - this is the complete EMDR training as defined by the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA). This is a hands-on clinical skills training for using EMDR and integrating it with your psychotherapy approach. This program is designed to help participants learn when and how to use EMDR, and to gain competency with EMDR over a period of several months. The training program involves lecture, demonstration, in-class practice, and on-the job practice with your clients. This is an experiential training, including practice with other participants.
Andrew Seubert, LMHC , NCC, is the co-founder of ClearPath Healing Arts Center on Seneca Lake in Burdett, N.Y. A licensed psychotherapist for 40 years, he has an extensive background in Existential-Gestalt Therapy and in music therapy and provides EMDR consultation and training for clinicians.
His first book, The Courage to Feel: A practical guide to the power and freedom of emotional honesty, was published by Infinity Publishers in 2008 (2nd edition 2021). He has authored various book chapters and articles and How Simon Left His Shell, a fable and User’s Guide based on The Courage to Feel, to teach children and adolescents emotional honesty. In 2018, Andrew authored an article, Becoming Known: A relational model utilizing Gestalt and Ego State assisted EMDR in treating eating disorders, in the Journal of EMDR Practice and Research and is the co-editor of Trauma-informed Approaches to Eating Disorders (2018).
- name four phases of a trauma-informed approach.
- describe an expanded definition of “trauma”.
- practice delivery of a case formulation.
- explain how to take a trauma history safely.
- explain the AIP hypothesized model to explain how EMDR works (adaptive information processing.)
- describe the difference between EMD and EMDR (degrees of allowing free association)
- name the three parts of the preparation phase.
- practice resource development (developing an image-based, internal, positive state or internal quality).
- describe the history, development and hypothesized mechanisms of effect of EMDR.
- describe potential contraindications for the use of EMDR.
- describe ethical steps when involved in legal cases.
- summarize caution in treating clients with medical issues.
- name the eight phases of the EMDR protocol.
- state the three levels of the EMDR processing continuum (levels of restriction of free associating).
- practice EMDR in groups of three.
- describe closure of an incomplete trauma processing session.
- name the major addition to the EMDR protocol with recent events (memories no older than 90 days).
- practice EMDR as therapist and client.
- describe the EMDR three-pronged approach.
- summarize the EMDR trauma-informed approach to anxiety and panic.
- explain the purpose of the cognitive interweave (an option for getting client unstuck while processing).
- describe two adaptations in working with children using EMDR.
- describe Joan Lovett’s story telling technique with children.
- describe the difference between Popky’s and Miller’s approaches to addiction.
- explain the RUG-C acronym when working with ego states.
- describe how racism and prejudice can be treated as PTSD.
- present a case formulation and video of a client session in order to demonstrate basic competence with the EMDR protocol.
CE-Classes.com is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) CE-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 02-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201
- New York Social Work Board – CE-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- New York Mental Health Practitioners Board CE-Classes.com, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors. #MHC-0260.
- New York Psychology Board CE-Classes.com, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0211
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2024 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2024.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
Your Path to EMDR Certification... and beyond
ClearPath Training Center